Articles on this Page
- 09/24/14--10:14: _Scottish Independen...
- 09/29/14--08:10: _iPhone 6 Under Pres...
- 10/20/14--08:35: _Big Kid on Campus |...
- 10/21/14--08:47: _2014 Nobel Prize Wi...
- 10/22/14--09:34: _This Week in Movies...
- 10/28/14--20:25: _Ebola: Should We Re...
- 10/29/14--09:23: _Remains of Missing ...
- 11/07/14--08:25: _Sixth Court Reverse...
- 11/13/14--09:11: _Philae Successfully...
- 11/19/14--10:05: _Growing Pains | Bri...
- 11/19/14--19:27: _The Rise of the Isl...
- 12/04/14--12:32: _Interstellar and th...
- 12/05/14--12:42: _The Cheating Epidem...
- 12/05/14--13:02: _A Message from Puls...
- 12/07/14--17:32: _Police Officer Foun...
- 12/19/14--16:20: _CCA Students Protes...
- 01/12/15--08:16: _What Is Anxiety? | ...
- 01/15/15--08:42: _Movie Review: The I...
- 01/16/15--20:52: _AirAsia Loses Jet O...
- 02/07/15--16:25: _NBC Anchor Under Fi...
- 09/24/14--10:14: Scottish Independence: It’s a nay | Emily Abrishamkar
- 09/29/14--08:10: iPhone 6 Under Pressure | Brian Chekal
- 10/20/14--08:35: Big Kid on Campus | Skylar Binney
- 10/21/14--08:47: 2014 Nobel Prize Winners Announced | Joshua Bi
- 10/22/14--09:34: This Week in Movies | Cameron Chang
- 10/28/14--20:25: Ebola: Should We Really Be Scared? | Patrick Lin
- 10/29/14--09:23: Remains of Missing UVA Student Found | Emily Abrishamkar
- 11/07/14--08:25: Sixth Court Reverses Marriage Rulings | Brian Chekal
- 11/13/14--09:11: Philae Successfully Lands on Comet | Joshua Bi
- 11/19/14--10:05: Growing Pains | Brian Chekal
- 11/19/14--19:27: The Rise of the Islamic State | Joshua Bi
- 12/04/14--12:32: Interstellar and the Reign of Christopher Nolan | Cameron Chang
- 12/05/14--12:42: The Cheating Epidemic | Patrick Lin
- 12/05/14--13:02: A Message from Pulse Magazine
- 12/19/14--16:20: CCA Students Protest in Solidarity over Police Killings | Joshua Bi
- 01/12/15--08:16: What Is Anxiety? | Skylar Binney
- 01/15/15--08:42: Movie Review: The Interview | Cameron Chang
- 01/16/15--20:52: AirAsia Loses Jet Over Java Sea | Brian Chekal
- 02/07/15--16:25: NBC Anchor Under Fire After Recanting Iraq War Story | Joshua Bi
307 years later and Scotland is still a member of the United Kingdom in the company of England, Wales, and Northern Ireland as decided by the Thursday’s referendum vote. On a day that is sure to cause heartbreak for many Scots who dreamed of witnessing their independence, the results came to 55% in favor of […]
It’s early autumn and as with every other year Apple has just released its latest iteration of its widely popular iPhone. Already, both the 4.7 in. screen iPhone 6 and the 5.5 in. iPhone 6 Plus have started dominating tech news with drop tests, side-by-side Android comparisons, and price analyses – articles that we’d all […]
Walking onto a campus as a five foot freshman, brown paper bag in hand, surrounded by grown men with 5 o’clock shadows is a horrifying experience. A flash flood of freshmen rolls in from their parent’s cars. They’re dropped off in the student parking lot and disperse into the quad of CCA. The Nest becomes a barricade […]
The winners of 2014’s Nobel Prizes were announced recently. The prestigious prize is awarded each year for exceptional contributions to the fields of Chemistry, Physics, Medicine, Literatures, and Peace. Another medal, the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel is also considered a Nobel Prize, though not one established by Alfred Nobel […]
I would consider myself an avid, devoted film fan. Not only do I love and enjoy the experience of going to the movies, but I also have a lot of respect and appreciation for filmmaking as an art form. Making a movie is hard work, and when that hard work is well executed and pays […]
The word “Ebola” has been appearing on social media, TV, newspapers, and in conversations between students and teachers ever since the news of the West African outbreak and even more so after the first case was introduced to the United States in late September. For many of us far away from the epicenter of the […]
On Saturday, October 18, human remains believed to be those of missing University of Virginia student, Hannah Graham, were found in an abandoned property outside of Charlottesville, Graham, who went missing the morning of September 13, is a sophomore at UVA, and was last seen on surveillance footage leaving the Tempo Bar around 2 a.m. […]
In a stunning change of events the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a lower court’s ruling in four states this Wednesday and approved state bans on same-sex marriage. The issue of same-sex marriage has long dominated the political sphere and has served as a contentious divider between the Democratic and Republican parties over […]
The European Space Agency made history on November 12th, 2014 when its lander, Philae, became the first ever controlled, man-made object to land on a moving comet. "We're are on the comet!" #cometlanding
https://t.co/c6xIWJp0TR — ESA (@esa) November 12, 2014 Philae traveled alongside the ESA space probe, Rosetta, for 10 years, 8 months, and 12 days before […]
Even if you were to make the most cursory of evaluations, CCA would stand out. We’ve all heard the reports – top 100 in the nation, top 15 in the state, highest API in San Diego – but if you were to ask any CCA student or faculty member what makes us special, they wouldn’t […]
On August 19, 2014, a YouTube account claiming to belong to a member of the jihadist group calling itself the Islamic State uploaded a video portraying the brutal beheading of missing American journalist, James Wright Foley. YouTube reacted quickly and took the video down, but by then the video had already spread across the internet and the amount of people that had viewed the […]
Few names create as intense feelings of excitement and anticipation as filmmaker Christopher Nolan, who has dominated the cinematic landscape of the 21st century with his complex and deeply impressive body of works. Ever since the release of his 2nd (and what some consider to be his best) film Memento in 2000, Nolan has been […]
Any views or opinions presented in this editorial are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Pulse Magazine. Cheating has existed for hundreds to even thousands of years, sparked especially by the introduction of civil service testing in Asian countries thousands of years ago. Without proper standards or organizations regulating the […]
Dear CCA Community, Pulse Magazine is the student-run news magazine of Canyon Crest Academy. Although we are a high school publication, we hold ourselves to the same journalistic standards as any professional publication or news organization would. In our last issue, we failed to meet these standards and as such, it is our responsibility to correct […]
Eric Garner, a 43 year-old African American male, died on July 17, 2014 in Staten Island, New York after police officer Daniel Pantaleo, 28, used a choke-hold to contain him. The confrontation arose due to Garner allegedly selling illegal cigarettes on a sidewalk he was previously arrested at. The fatal struggle between Garner and several […]
On December 12th, 2014, a group of students from Canyon Crest Academy walked out of their 4th period classes in protest of the shooting deaths of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, John Crawford III, and Tamir Rice. Students visited classrooms across campus wearing duct-tape over their mouths and carrying signs labeled “THIS IS WHAT SILENCE IS … Continue reading CCA Students Protest in Solidarity over Police Killings | Joshua Bi
18.1 percent of the United States adult population suffers from anxiety disorder. It is among the most common mental illnesses in America and continues to effect approximately 40 million Americans. Girls are more at risk of developing anxiety and mood disorders as opposed to boys. This issue takes place in many areas of one’s life, … Continue reading What Is Anxiety? | Skylar Binney
I’m sure that you’re all well aware about the wave of controversy surrounding the 2014 comedy The Interview, starring current raunch-com titan Seth Rogen and the prolific James Franco. The Interview is about Tabloid TV show host Dave Skylark (Franco), and his producer/best friend Aaron Rappaport (Rogen), who travel to North Korea to interview the … Continue reading Movie Review: The Interview | Cameron Chang
On December 28th, AirAsia Flight QZ8501 left Surabaya, Indonesia on a seemingly mundane route to Singapore. Exactly 38 minutes into the flight, it disappeared in a what appeared to be a mysterious – yet eerily familiar – vanishing act. The international media was quick to respond, and many began to draw automatic connections to the … Continue reading AirAsia Loses Jet Over Java Sea | Brian Chekal
NBC News anchor Brian Williams has announced that he would take a temporary leave of absence from his position anchoring NBC Nightly News. This move followed harsh criticism after it was revealed that a story he told about being in a helicopter that was shot down over Iraq in 2003 was false. “I made a … Continue reading NBC Anchor Under Fire After Recanting Iraq War Story | Joshua Bi